Markets end lower; Nifty holds 9,900
Nifty closed at 9,912 level, down by 61 points, while Sensex closed at 31,702 level, down by 189 points in Monday’s trading session. Infosys and HDFC Bank were the top contributors to the losses of the major indices.There were 583 advances, 1,102 declines and 319 unchanged stocks on NSE, reflecting that bears were in control of the market .
Downfall in the markets may be attributed to the increased geopolitical tensions. In the broader markets, BSE Mid-cap index outperformed the major indices, closed at 15,580 level, down by 0.68%. BSE Small-cap index closed at 16,020 level, down by 0.68%. Bank Nifty ended at 24,212 level, down by 221 points. IndusInd Bank was the top loser in the index closed at Rs 1,662 per share, down by 1.79%.
BSE telecom was the top losing index, which closed at 1,410 level, down by 1.32%.
ITI was the top loser in the index ending at Rs 97.7 per share, up by 4.17%.
BSE Metal was the top gaining index, closing at 13,563 level, up by 0.24%. Coal India was top gainer on the index, closing at Rs 246 per share, up by 3.21%.
Apex Frozen Foods listed on NSE at Rs 202 per share, at a premium of Rs 27 per share or 15.4% as compared to its issue price of Rs 175 per share.
• Niy is looking bullish on long-term charts .
• In today’s trading session Niy opened on a flat node and traded with negave movement
and closed at 9912 with overall loss of 0.62%.
•Today Niy observed a sharp Downfall in the markets due to the increased geopolical
tensions but it still managed to give closing above its 50 days simple moving averages on
• Niy is sustaining above its important support mark of 9850.
• Niy can test down side levels of 9800 & 9750 if it breaches its support level of 9850 while
up side 10,000 will act as a good resistance level.
• Bank Niy is looking bullish on long-term charts .
•In today’s trading session Bank Niy opened on a flat node and traded with negave
movement and closed at 24936.85 with overall loss of 0.81%.
•Today Bank Niy observed a sharp Downfall in the markets due to the increased geopolical
tensions but it sll managed to give closing above its 50 days simple moving averages on
•Bank Niy is sustaining above its important support mark of 24050.
•Bank Niy can test down side levels of 23800 & 23700 if it breaches its support level of
24050 while up side 24500 will act as a good resistance level.
GAINERS – NSE
Losers – NSE
Sun Pharma erase morning losses, trades higher by 3%. The stock gains above Rs 500 for the first time since Aug 8.
Reliance Capital stock falls 5% as F&O contracts expire today. The stock will turn ex-date on Tuesday for the proposed demerger of Reliance Home Finance.
Nifty Bank Index down 1%. Canara Bank (-1.5%), Kotak Bank, IndusInd Bank, PNB, BoB (-1%).
ONGC seeks shareholders’ nod for raising upto Rs 25,000 Cr via debt. Stock advances 1%.
Jaypee Infra stock rises 2% after SC stays insolvency proceedings in NCLT.
Kwality stock slumps 20% on heavy volumes.
Sun TV stock spurts 4% after IPL auction.
Coal India stock gains 2% on good August numbers.
Tyre stocks slip as govt levies anti-dumping duty. Apollo Tyres, Balkrishna Industries (-1%).
Raymond stock hits fresh 52-week high with rising volumes. Momentum indicator like MACD Histogram is showing positive convergence indicating a continued upward momentum.
Sun TV extends gains
Shares of Sun TV Network were buzzing on the bourses during Monday’s trade as the stock soared over 4%, extending its intraday gains. Sun TV Network was trading at Rs 795.60 per share, up by Rs 27.65 or 3.60% as at 1434 hours on Monday, on the BSE. The stock witnessed a spurt in volume by more than 5.30 times and hit intraday high and low of Rs 803.85 and Rs 754, respectively. The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the company is scheduled to be held on September 22, 2017. The stock attracted a traded volume of 42,63,371 shares and traded value of Rs 33,054.77 lakh on the NSE. The company had hit its 52-week high of Rs 946 on April 24, 2017, and 52-week low of Rs 434.15 on December 2, 2016, on the NSE. Sun TV Network is engaged in providing broadcasting services. The company operates through Media and Entertainment segment. Its geographical segments include India and others. It is engaged in producing and broadcasting satellite television and radio software programming in the regional languages of South India.
- The information and views in this report, our website & all the service we provide are believed to be relia-ble, but we do not accept any responsibility (or liability) for errors of fact or opinion. Users have the right to choose the product/s that suits them the most.
- Sincere efforts have been made to present the right investment perspective. The information contained herein is based on analysis and up on sources that we consider reliable. This material is for personal infor-mation and based upon it & takes no responsibility.
- The information given herein should be treated as only factor, while making investment decision. The re-port does not provide individually tailor-made investment advice. 24 Carat Financial services recommends that investors independently evaluate particular investments and strategies, and encourages investors to seek the advice of a financial adviser. 24 Carat Financial Services shall not be responsible for any transac-tion conducted based on the information given in this report, which is in violation of rules and regulations of NSE and BSE.
- The share price projections shown are not necessarily indicative of future price performance. The infor-mation herein, together with all estimates and forecasts, can change without notice. Analyst or any person related to 24 Carat financial Services might be holding positions in the stocks recommended. It is under-stood that anyone who is browsing through the site has done so at his free will and does not read any views expressed as a recommendation for which either the site or its owners or anyone can be held responsible for. Any surfing and reading of the information is the acceptance of this disclaimer. All Rights Reserved.